Thursday 8 May 2014

TAG: Reading Habits

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
My bed is my number 1 place for reading. Whether it’s sitting up or laying down before bed, I’m at my most comfortable there which means I can get lost in the book easier.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Usually it’s a bookmark. My best friend bought me a beautiful motivational one that I use on occasion. I also have a metal bookmark with 50 books to read before you die on it which I love using. At the moment, however, I’m using a press release as a bookmark because I keep forgetting to swap to my bookmark.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
If I’m at home, I won’t stop mid-chapter… I HAVE to reach the next one. If I’m on the tube, that’s a whole different story though because I can’t really stay on extra stops until I’ve finished that particular chapter.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
I’ve always got a bottle of water near me so I usually sip on that. There are times I’ll read whilst eating dinner but that very much depends on what I’m eating, if it’s remotely messy I wouldn’t dare!

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music when reading?
If I’m reading on the way to/from work, I’ll have my iPod on and my TV is usually on in the background at home.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
One book at a time. I don’t know how people read more than one book – I’d get confused between the stories and characters, etc. I wish I could read more than one at a time though, my ‘to-read’ list wouldn’t be as long then.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I’ll read everywhere, I’m not fussed. Except cars/buses/coaches – but that’s only because I get travel sickness on them. If I’m on a train/tube/in bed/at a friend’s house/anywhere else, I’m happy to read.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head, for sure.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
When I start nearing the end of a book, I have to use all of my self-restraint to not skip forward and see if it’s going to end how I thought. There are times when that doesn’t work out so well, I’ll be honest.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I’m not particularly bothered either way. What I will say is if I lend out a book that I’ve not read yet and it comes back with a broken spine, I get a bit miffed. If it’s me, I don’t mind what happens – a broken spine is often a sign of a well-read book so that’s never a bad thing.

11. Do you write in your books?
Sacrilege! I would never. Even during my educational years, I never wrote in my books – no matter how many times teachers would tell me it would be useful for revision.

I tag everyone who enjoys reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment